Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2013

May Card Challenge

This month's challenge has been set by Alison from our very own design team. Alison in in the process of a massive clear out of her craft materials as she is moving and so the theme she has set is to create a card using something that has been sitting around in your stash for years. Other than this the challenge theme is open to what every you want to do. Take a look on Alison's blog to see lots more cards she has made with this challenge in mind.


Alison says: "Here is one of my cards made with file folders. I bought a kit when I first started scrapping from QVC years and years ago, and had used up/given the rest away. However, these blumming file folders where tucked away in a drawer with my pearls and bling - every time I opened the drawer, these things would spring out, or clog up the drawer!

No more - (insert the mwah ha ha smiley) - I've used them!

This one also uses the rose from decoupage paper with photo corners
."


Here are the cards from the Design Team:



SUE
 The stamp it new but the buttons and dewdrops on the flowers, I have had for years.
As for the paper, I keep looking at it and saving it for something special
- its not THAT old but I have had it for well over a year (maybe two!)


SHEENA
A stamp I bought in my card making days (2006?) before scrapping took over &
Basic Grey Fusion paper from the same year! 

I used SEI Granny's Kitchen papers (2005) and a
Making Memories Defined sticker (These are soooooo old).


LINDA
An old DCWV paper pad - once I started it was hard to stop!







Basic Grey's Urban Couture (2006)

Uses up stickers from Poundland!
Lots of Stickles, bling, eyelets and some butterfly felt ribbon. 

I closed my eyes and pulled out something from a box of embellishments from years ago - pulled out this awful cork thingy (2004 I think) ::)
Old papers too. Stickers are from a Christmas glitter alphabet (about 3-4 yrs ago) 

DEIRDRE
One of the first stamps I ever bought by a company called Embossing Arts and some old American Arts ribbon.
Ribbon and other scraps, and some stamping under the sentiment.

The prize of a vintage kit is kindly supplied by Alison

The challenge will run until the 15th June and we look forward to seeing your entries.

If you don't see your image here straight away, please bear with us. We will try to edit this post at least once a day.

Please comment below with a link to the post on your blog where your card is featured.

If you don't have a blog please send us an email with an image of your card attached - address in sidebar.
NB Unfortunately the prize is available to UK residents only but please feel free to take part anyway, it's always lovely to see your cards.

3 comments:

  1. Here is mine:
    http://scrapbooksandcookbooks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/scrapology-may-card-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cards are here - http://kkfantasticplace.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/texture-and-old-stash.html

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.