Pages

Saturday 15 September 2012

September Card Challenge - An Unconventional Christmas


This month's challenge has been set by the lovely Natalie O'Shea from Stampin' Up. Natalie has also offered a prize for the challenge (see below).

Natalie says :
  My name is Natalie O'Shea and I've been papercrafting for 20 years.  I have been very fortunate to have been the Editor of several high street card making magazines in my time, but now, most of my crafting time is spent being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, which I LOVE!  I have made so many friendships, earnt myself some money and even won all inclusive paid 5* trips too - just for doing what I love, even part-time.  My "proper" job is a Practice Manager of a Solicitors firm, so they are very different!  If you're interested in finding out a little more about me, then you can find me at my website which is www.natalieoshea.co.uk or my blog which is www.natalieoshea.co.uk/blog.html.    


Natalie challenges us to create a card featuring a product / tool not normally associated with Xmas used for a Christmas card ....
... So here are the Design Team card for inspiration.

LOU
(I used white cardstock, a dotted embossing folder, Blue fabric flowers, white paper flower, wooden flowers, Prima Crystals, garden twine, white lace and Diamond Stickles. The title was cut from the backing sheet of a stamp set instead of trying to stamp onto the textured background.) 



(used a white bath/shower scrunchie, a pennant punch for trees and nail polish for glitter)

LYNN
(used flower and frond punches, flat-backed pearls, liquid pearls, SU Ribbon)

(Using Cricut Happy Haunting Cartridge, lace, ribbon, bell, MS floral border punch)

SUE
(Using packaging from one of my stamp sets as the background, a doily , the tag is from a botanical kit , and the banner was bought for the summers celebrations.)



KAREN
(I used square card blanks, red patterned paper (unknown brand), 'Star Fairy' digital stamp from Pollycraft, Queen and Co. Felt Fusion, Martha Stewart eyelet lace & branch leaf punches, paper flowers by Impex & Wild Orchid Crafts, Stickles, Hobby Craft self adhesive greeting and Hobby House self adhesive pearls.)

ALISON
(Using Patterned Paper and die cuts - Crate Paper Mia - "Sparkle", Quickutz snowflake (cut from Crate Paper Mia die-cut flowers), Bundled Sage distress ink, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Stardust Stickles , Pinflair dimensional glue)

SANDRA
(I scraped Artists Spackle on black card and stamped the boot stamp, then sprinkled on the magic - whoops - I meant glitter! Very sparkly IRL).


DEIRDRE
(studio calico chevron mask for the tree and on the tag itself, scrabble letters and newsprint)


Natalie has offered this fabulous Stampin' Up Stamp set as a prize for this month's challenge.

The challenge will run until the 15th October and we look forward to seeing your entries.

If you don't see your image here straight away, please bear with us. We will try to edit this post at least once a day.

Please comment below with a link to the post on your blog where your card is featured.

Please be kind and turn word verification OFF - thank you.
Sorry but we cannot comment on your blog if you leave it on!

If you don't have a blog please send us an email with an image of your card attached - address in sidebar.

NB Unfortunately the prize is available to UK residents only but please feel free to take part anyway, it's always lovely to see your cards.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great challenge - hope my card is unconventional enough!! http://kkfantasticplace.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/non-traditional-christmas-card.html

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab challenge. HERE is my unconventional xmas card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super entries so far!!! I thought this was very hard Natalie!!! LOL Anyway here is my attempt!!

    http://www.trimcraft.co.uk/projectinfo.php?pid=108565

    ReplyDelete

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.