Pages

Thursday 9 June 2011

How I made my June Challenge Page

You Three Are Two


Here is more about how I made my DT layout for this month's challenge. The technique is machine stitching and we scraplifted Cindy Tobey's layout called 'Sweet'.



This is our sketch

The photos I scrapped are of our great nieces and nephew (triplets), Hannah, Lucy and Oliver on their second birthday.

I used these 4 papers from Cosmo Cricket's Pixie-licious collection, giving me 8 patterns to play with. These can be purchased from Paper Maze:

Brownie Bands

Fairywings

Butterfly Kisses

and Blooming Babies


I cut and placed the background papers onto a sheet of plain 12x12" paper. Cutting the pieces as follows:

A purple dotty side of Butterfly Kisses 12x1" for the very top of the page.

Another purple dotty strip of Butterfly Kisses 12x3" for the very bottom of the page.

A piece of green flowery pattern from the Fairy wings paper 12x6.5"

and a band of the striped side of Brownie Bands (with stripes vertical) 12x3", then trimmed with a Martha Stewart border punch. This piece overlaps the bottom purple paper.

I added a 12x0.5" strip of purple Bazzill along the top of the brownie bands paper.

All the cut edges were inked with purple chalk ink.

The next step was to use the sewing machine and sew along the strips just inside the joins. I used cream sewing thread.

Then I cut a very large number '2' on the Cricut from the dotted green side of the Blooming Babies paper. This was mounted on a shadow of Cream Puff Bazzill. I stitched round the edge of the green number.

I mounted the 4x6" photo onto cream puff cardstock and added two lines of stitching along all four sides.

I cut a 4" scalloped circle using the 'Straight from the Nest' Cricut Cartridge and flower 4 and mounted a circular photo onto this, stitching round the edge of the photo.

I cut a 2.5" scalloped circle in purple cardstock, and mounted a small circular photo onto this.

Then I cut various size flourishes in cream and purple to arrange on the page as shown.

Once all this was stuck in place I added buttons and gems. Lettering was added with tiny letter stickers from My Little Shoebox, these were left over from my May challenge page.

You may have noticed that Linda and I used the same papers, but came up with different layouts. She has blogged how she made her layout soon. (the white daisies are to protect the child's identity.)


Thank for looking, hope it's useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.