Pages

Wednesday 22 December 2010

How I made my December page.


I wanted to keep it fairly simple so I started with a piece of Lime Green Bazzill.
The size of the rectangles was determined by the photographs I had printed which were approx 2.5 x 3.5".
I had already decided to make it a double page so cut 8 pieces of patterned paper the same size as the photos, rounded the corners and inked all edges.
I cut a strip approx 2x10" and added it to the lower right hand side then added a futher strip  @ 1" of a different paper with a punched edge (Martha Stewart) below. I added a ribbon over the join with a faux tie to finish.
The same detail was reversed for the 2nd page.



I arranged the rectangles evenly on the top of the page overlapping the strip of patterned paper and alternating pattern and photo.

At this point the page was sitting on my pink cutting mat and Anita commented that she liked the pink border.
Hmmmm, I thought, so trimmed the lime bazzill and added a pink piece behind - thanks for the inspiration Anita.

I used embellishments from my stash to decorate the patterned rectangles or cut and decoupaged areas from the original design.



A broken line was added between the rectangles using a fine liner for definition.

The titles were cut with the Cricut Don Juan Cartridge and shadowed with the pink from the border.

There is still time to enter this months challenge - have fun!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.